Monday, June 9, 2008

First Shot

My eyes have been automatically focusing wherever I bid them for nearly half a century. But they're getting tired and a little balky. Vintage eyes using the tiny LCD screen on my camera means my photos are often not pretty....just pretty blurry.

Rachel and John solved the problem by surprising me with a new camera. Their timing couldn't have been more perfect---a few days later the old one died a quick and complete death. The new camera has a generous three-inch LCD. I hate to admit that I need the Large Print Edition camera, but apparently I do.






The camera had only been in my possession twenty minutes or so when Audrey and I headed into a fabric store. When my old eyes glimpsed our images in the storefront glass, I paused and took this shot.



The reflection of the cars outside, our silhouettes, and the bolts of colorful cloth beyond the glass intrigued me. With all three elements in proper focus, I'm pretty much liking the new toy.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

This is an amazing picture! you have way more talent than you give yourself credit for.

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

That's amazing Aunt Alice! I think the 3 inch LCD screen sounds nice!

Lady Dvora said...

Neat Picture!! I like!!

Hurrah for the new camera!

Sheila said...

That is really incredible! Fantastic shot. :D