Sunday, April 12, 2009

Quack Fatner

One time a friend of a friend in Denver asked the girls about growing up on a farm. "Are there nail salons out in the country?" she asked. "Does your little town have a Bath & Body Works?"

Our little town has four hundred residents, one convenience store, and no stop lights. Nope, no Bath & Body Works.

The next nearest town doesn't have a Bath & Body Works either, nor the next, nor the one after that.

But I like the small towns around me. Towns where the feed store sells

and
and



Towns where, when you drive by a snowman, you probably know who made it.


Nice work, Lydia and Laurel :)


So yeah, it's pretty hard to get by without a nail salon in the next block.

But at least, if I need some I know where to get it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post, Mom!!

And that is a precious snow man :)

Katie said...

I LOVE small towns!!!

Lil red said...

"Quack Fatner," lol!

Sometimes the lack of shopping opportunties feels hobo-ish, but I love NE's small towns!

Anonymous said...

Haha! You crack me up Aunt Alice!!

Sara said...

Awesome! Just Awesome! Thanks for including our snowman!