Monday, November 19, 2007

Sam's Front Porch





Sam's front porch is spilling over with sunshine and big plans. He shot his first buck last week. Satisfaction and confidence flow through his blue eyes as he tells me why he's going to pick every last bit of tissue off the inside of this deer hide, and that he's reading about tanning animal skins, and about the moccasins he's going to make for his grandmother ---fur side in--- so they'll be soft and warm, to shut out winter's bite.

The buck is dead, but Sam is full of life. I'm glad to know him.

3 comments:

Lil red said...

GO SAM!!!!! Great post! I love the picture. Where was it taken (I don't recongize the background)?

Miss Alice said...

Hi, Annie. Nice to hear from you. The photo was taken on Sam's front porch.

Lil red said...

Oh! I see now! I guess I didn't look close enough. :)