Sunday, November 11, 2007

Goodbye to the Summer







I'm having to face an unpleasant fact.





I saw this sunflower skeleton outside my window this morning, "Summer's coming to an end," I sighed.





John corrected: "FALL's coming to an end."













Remember these sunflowers from July?



Remember our early morning garden times, and the glory and color that splashed into my world from every corner?

Now the landscape is drying up; colors are fading. Beauty, so saucy and unabashed for months, is donning her cloak, becoming delicate, shy, reclusive.

Fall is coming to an end.

Say it ain't so.

3 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Oh, that's so sad. I don't really like winter.

Incomplete said...

You have got to let me quote that line some time. That has got to be the best metaphocial expression I have ever heard. Especially since I can't remeber any others off the top of my head. Seriously, that almost gives me chills.

Miss Alice said...

Incomplete---
Quote away! You are very kind.