Monday, November 9, 2009

What have u done 2 my sister!?



"I need a beer."


Susie, a teetotaler, made this proclamation last night in my living room. I immediately texted her sister, back in Wisconsin. "What have u done 2 my sister!?" Debi texted back.

Taught her a new game. We like to play games. Rachel introduced us to BANG!, a Wild West card game in which, sometimes, a beer can save your life.

Susie was the sheriff, pitted against John and me, the outlaws.

The sheriff put the outlaws in jail, the sheriff had a huge arsenal of the best guns, the sheriff blasted away until the outlaws were both six feet under. Things were looking pretty good for the sheriff.

Until a sweaty renegade rode up in a cloud of dust and spoiled the sheriff's day.


If you don't mind ducking behind barrels to avoid hot lead; if you don't mind swaggering into a hypothetical saloon from time to time, try Bang! It's fun.

A bit earlier in the day, the girls played a different game.

Does Audrey have a clue?

No gatling guns or wild Indians here, just death by hanging or blow to the head with a candlestick. When the girls were little, the ultimate in game violence was rolling a Sick Princess across the lawn. Times have changed.

1 comment:

Mac said...

You would not believe the trouble you've got me into Alice!!!!

It was a fun game! And I had a wonderful time with you all! Thanks for such a great weekend!