Monday, November 30, 2009

thanks giving

Lord God, I am so thankful.
(The Lord God reads my blog.)





Thankful for many hands and the resulting light work.




Thankful for a reason to mash three huge bowls full of potatoes.





For fresh.................FRESH!!................bay leaves in the turkey stuffing. (Thanks, Mom!)



Thankful for enough self-discipline to refrain from sampling every one of the eleven pies.

Little Pilgrim and his wife didn't have enough self discipline, and look what happened to their waistlines!


Thankful for the blessing of daughters who surprise me with a spotless kitchen when I've left it a pretty big mess.


Thankful for twenty-six Thanksgivings with the same man. Well, actually twenty-eight, if you count the two in Texas before we were married, where he cheerfully met and made conversation with my mother's entire family tree, and then penciled in all the generations and marriages and names of descendants on the back of a grocery sack, just to keep them all straight. Thankful for a grocery sack full of relations and for a man who thought it was fun to map them out.



And thankful that the page edges of his Bible are looking pretty worn.



Thankful to hear the power of God's word, sometimes from the pulpit;
sometimes across the table.


Thankful to worship with the same silver-haired people I've been worshipping with since our hair was dark.
Lord God, I am so thankful.
(The Lord God reads my heart.)
(The Lord God reads your heart, too.)
(He loves you so very much.)

4 comments:

nenagrace said...

I love this post!!!! Lord help us all to be truly thankful!!!

Katie said...

I love you Aunt Alice!

huntinguy said...

My mom is on here. COOL!!!!!!

Kristi said...

this made me smile. I'm glad you posted it.