Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bald Eagles


Baldy found a deer carcass for breakfast.  I'm happy for him, and happy that he is thinking more about his belly than about the strangers who brought their car to a stop on the road nearby.  The last time I tried to get a photo of a bald eagle--just last week--he flew off before my tires had even quit rolling.   

Seeing this bird feasting on breakfast reminded me of a time last year when John spotted a different bald eagle from his combine seat. 


Some punk had shot this one off of a power pole, and it fell in our fencerow. John didn't see the crime, just the evidence.

He called the game warden, who confirmed Audrey's ID of an immature bald eagle. Bald eagles live in the wild for twenty or thirty years, but they don't get their white heads until they are around five years old.  This
is a young one.











I'm sad that some people feel big if they can put down something smaller than themselves.

1 comment:

huntinguy said...

I hate it when people do that. It's pointless and it gives hunters a bad name.