Monday, February 11, 2008

Groundhog Day

No posts for nearly a month! I must have, like the famous groundhog living in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, seen my shadow on Feb. 2 and retreated to my hidey hole for another six weeks of hibernation. Sometimes that doesn't sound like TOO bad of an idea, but it's not the truth.

The truth is that I've been learning physics and selling a software program that my dad wrote for farmers and teaching geometry and designing a horse barn and visiting relatives out of state and preparing for the nuclear or economic collapse of the world and......deep breath........taking just a few moments to see if I could get a good photograph of the fire that chases away winter's bleakness around here.

This morning the Lord reminded me that His yoke is easy and His burden light. Today I am coming to Him, learning of Him, warming my soul at his hearth.

It is a good place to be.

7 comments:

Sheila said...

It IS a good place to be!

God bless,
Sheila

Miss Alice said...

So nice to hear from you, Shiela! I hadn't posted in so long, I was sure all my readers had fled for more fruitful shores. I'm glad to know that's not true.

God bless you, too!

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

We'd never distert you Aunt Alice.. I still came once a day..

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

*clears throat* I can't spell it seems.. to leave.. how do you spell that..???

Miss Alice said...

Hi, Miss Lydia. You are so faithful! The word you want is "desert" - to leave. It's spelled just the same as "desert" - a very dry place like the Sahara Desert. But pronounced differently. :)

Anonymous said...

hey, I'd never stop reading...I never know when I'm gonna be the subject. As Debbie says: "Watch out!...you might end up in my novel

Lil red said...

I tagged you Mrs. Wood!