Thursday, August 16, 2007

Beauty

I love days when I can just stay home and take care of business in my house.

Is it any wonder? Everywhere I look around me, I see beautiful things.















Each time I pass through my living room, the purple phlox wave at me. They are native Nebraskans, easy going, with no complaints about the scorching summer sun or rock hard frozen ground in winter.

























My view from the kitchen window
is just as joyful this time of year.









And who could help warming to the coffepot and beans that bid me to pause, put my feet up, take time to enjoy and be thankful?








The invitation is always there, even if I don't accept it often enough.






Anyone who knows my family very well might have the tiniest suspicion that there's another side to this story....
but I choose to focus elsewhere.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That is NOT my room!!!!

--The Neat-Freak

Anonymous said...

I love it Mom! It really made me laugh. You've made the downstairs of our house so pretty! It does make it more fun to stay home and do work.

Anonymous said...

We figured that was probably someone's bedroom but we won't ask whose it is! Besides, we have days like that here, with two kids under two... The only difference is that there are a lot of toys mixed in the laundry instead of shoes most of the time.

The rest IS very pretty though! Those sunflowers are lovely - and David thinks that armchair looks pretty nice, too.