Thursday, August 23, 2007

Good Dreams

I dreamed that the Texas Rangers beat the Orioles --- thirty to three!!! This is baseball I'm talking about, folks. No major league baseball team has scored thirty runs in a game since 1897---the 19th Century!

From the Fort-Worth Star Telegram : Third-base coach Don Wakamatsu waved so many runners home that he joked between games that he "may need some ice" for his left shoulder, but Wakamatsu also spent the last few innings giving the stop sign to every runner he could as Texas tried not to run up the score.

They scored thirty runs as they "tried not to run up the score"!!!??? These are the Texas Rangers, who have dwellt at the very bottom of the American League all summer!

Then I dreamed that the daughter with the horribly messy room came and told me it was all cleaned up.

I'm having a good night. Don't wake me up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The fact is, 30 RUNS haven't been scored since baseball was more of a gentleman's game.

Amazingly, they did it all in FOUR innings.

Not only that, they went out in the SECOND GAME OF THE DOUBLEHEADER and scored 9 more runs.

I thought I was dreaming too. Most teams don't score 30 runs in a week.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Part II of your dream made me laugh!
David told me about this historic game the other day... He couldn't stop talking about it for a while. Every few minutes he'd bring up another stat or tidbit of information regarding the game! :-)