Sunday, October 7, 2007

Fall Classics, part 1



When I was a kid, I cheered for the Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros, two perennial also-rans. The Rangers are still cellar dwellers; the Astro-star has risen and fallen a few times in recent memory. But since I adopted the Red Sox in order to be in synch with John, October baseball is a little more rewarding.



My best baseball memories link generations---learning the nuances of the game as I watched the Rangers with my dad; teaching those same symbols and substance to my daughters. How to score a strikeout. Why the pitcher might walk a guy on purpose. When to bunt and what's a balk. Now they girls are all great fans, and we're having fun gliding through the postseason together.




Baseball fans: Girls and Grandfather





















Go Red Sox! (see below)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this post, Mom. :)