Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Behind the Scenes





















Well of course the reason we went to Colorado was to see this man marry this woman.




But sometimes what goes on in other quarters is almost as much fun as what happens at the altar.













Like the makeup sisters, helping each other out at the last roaring minute.
















And Merrill, always two steps behind the bride, keeping her dress clean,








and the impromptu jam session that took place during the reception. Musicians drifted to the front to sing and play in various combinations.

































More sisters, singing a capella.











Father of the bride.












If you ever get a chance to hear Brother Charles belt out "....oh, when the saints".......... don't miss it!













Erica had a job, too.....keep a four-year-old out of trouble. This might have been one of the more difficult contributions to the day's success.









Back at the house, that same happy four-year-old sure wasn't thinking about making a family portrait for posterity.



This family is a good illustration of brown-eye dominance, for all of us homeschoolers. Nonetheless, you couldn't miss the sparkle in Chrisondra's baby blues all weekend.
When it was over, Gary finally quit juggling his many wedding responsibilities, and found some time to entertain his grandson. When are you going to teach that boy to juggle, Gary?

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

beautiful post. makes me cry. I miss it.

Lil red said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Please tell Erica that the skirt and shoes she wore for the wedding are REALLY cute!!

Kristi said...

Ditto on the shoes. Where did you find them? I'm in the market for some new black dress shoes myself.

The pictures are great! I really miss the brethren in CO.

Katie said...

That first picture is wonderful!!

I missed you all this weekend, I wish I could have come.

Erica said...

Gordmons. Always go to Gordmons for shoes. It's a secret my big sis taught me, and it's so handy! I like their shoes because a lot of them have just a bit of a heel (like the ones I bought), but aren't four inches tall. Perfect for me.

And thank you on my outfit. I had the skirt, and my ever-helpful sister (the same as aforementioned) helped me (over the phone--while she was in Georgia) find the sweater!