Thursday, December 13, 2007

Breakfast Time

Isa 50:7 For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.














These two young horses follow me up and down the fence line while I tend to other animals. If I walk south, they walk south.














When I turn to the north, they're right with me. We could dance like that all morning, but I tire of it before they do.





Ginger's another story. She's the oldest and wisest and bossiest mare in the herd. She stands like a sentry---doesn't even turn her head to look at me----while I feed the other horses. She is focused, and she is focused on alfalfa and on nothing else. She is not planning on taking ONE SINGLE STEP away from her feed tub, thank you very much.








The only way I can get a head-on shot is to reposition myself between her and the target.







See that tub full of the leafy green goods? That's what's on Ginger's mind this morning, and there will be no distracting her. She is a good picture of what is written in Isaiah: "I set my face like a flint."






Isaiah's goal was a bit loftier than Ginger's. His singleminded determination to pursue God profited him greatly. Poor Ginger's constancy doesn't speed up her breakfast the tiniest bit.



No comments: