Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wrong Horse

I made a mistake. Well, actually, I've made several recently, but one of the more innocent ones was thinking that I needed a new name for a little filly, "Pride". It turns out instead that her mother, RanSome Honey Bee, needed the new name. And now she has one, (thank you, Rachel). It is...........

KickedSome Head.

Mine.

Purple and green and yellow are pretty colors, but not on my face.

Seems that KickedSome Head doesn't like having her feet cleaned out, which I was doing when she bolted me so quickly that I never felt it. I thought she had just knocked me down by slamming her hips into me. I stumbled to the ground. Even after I righted the ship, I didn't feel anything wrong with my head or know I was wounded until I saw blood on my clothes. Maybe this is why my friends sometimes call me hard-headed???

KickedSome's daughter, "Pride," has a hard head, too. But her attitude is worse than mine; she pins her ears back and flips her legs out whenever she doesn't like what you're doing. I'm wondering what sort of tigers I have by the tail here; I'm wondering if maybe it's time to let go. Rather than needing new names, I'm thinking they need new homes, with someone who has lots of time and patience to work with them, and no kids who might wind up in the line of fire.

But the main thing I'm thinking about is God's mercy.

3 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

OH MY WORD!!! Are you alright?? That looks nasty...

Rebecca said...

that picture makes me shiver... I hope you're alright...

Miss Alice said...

I am fine. I have a black eye and a couple of staples in my head, and that is all. I have a heightened sense of caution, and much gratitude for God's care.