Friday, July 13, 2007

Who's in Control?


Ours is a nice little town with no stop lights and not much traffic. However, there is reason to hit the brake on Main Street, and many folks do. They stop right in the middle of the road, pausing to read the news on our new Time and Temperature Scrolling Message Marquee. Some days it's a birthday, or an anniversary, or maybe a meeting of the fire department or village board.

Today's news was a little more shocking.







When dogs are in control of the owner, I think our sleepy little town may wake in a hurry.

5 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

hmmmmm... mabye I'll change my mind about moving out there...

Lydia

aka Lucy Jennings

Erica said...

Okay, maybe this is my favorite of all your posts. The last three have been amazing. That marquee is hilarious!

Erica

marmaladeinstead said...

Why, oh WHY did they get a marquee...?

:)

Anonymous said...

As of Monday evening, 16 July, dogs still in control. At least supposed to be...

Shannon said...

It's so funny what you can see in a small town. I'm keeping an eye on my dog - I don't think I'm too firmly under his paw!

I've been having a very pleasant hour reading over your posts. :)